MicroLead Expansion in Myanmar ‚ÄúSavings and Credit Cooperative Promotion and Microfinance Innovation Project‚ÄĚ
The MicroLead Expansion program aims to contribute to the achievement the Millennium Development Goals (MDG) by supporting the expansion of microfinance market leaders through emphasis on savings mobilization in underserve areas/countries. UNCDF has secured the funding for this program from the Livelihoods and Food Security Trust Fund (LIFT).
The Association of Asian Confederation of Credit Unions (ACCU), a regional confederation of credit unions, and Ayani BV an international consulting firm have teamed up with a Myanmar credit union apex to implement the project. Their Myanmar counterpart and ACCU member, the Central Cooperative Society Ltd. (CCS) oversees cooperatives in all sectors including financial cooperatives.
The expected outcome of the MicroLead Project in Myanmar program by end of the program (December 2016) will be: 1) at least twenty (25) new and existing credit unions (CUs) are formed or strengthened, with a total outreach of 50,000 savers, whom at least 50% are women and at least 50% reside in rural areas.
Function of the MicroLead Expansion Project in Myanmar Steering Committee
The Function of the MicroLead Expansion Project in Myanmar Steering Committee is to:
- Provide oversight on the management of the project and monitor performance towards the attainment of project objectives.
- Ensure project accountability and transparency.
- Approve policies, annual work plans and budgets in line with MicroLead PBA.
- Oversee M&E activities, audits and compliance.
- Monitors project risks and develop strategies to mitigate them.